6.6.09

Sempurna Battle

Which version do you like? This song was really famous back then.. I dunno.. a year ago.. 2 years ago..



The 1st one is the original version by an Indonesian band named Andra and the Backbone.

The 2nd and 3rd one is a remake by an Indonesian talented female singer named Gita Gutawa. (Sorry, I'm Gita-Gutawa-biased ;P)

The 4th one is also a remake by a singer named Nicholas Teo. I have no idea who he is. I just found this on youtube this morning..

For me.. Andra and the Backbone's version won.. not because it was the first one I heard.. But the acoustic feel makes the song pretty catchy.. unfortunately.. they're not really good at live..

Gita Gutawa's version.. She remade the song for a movie soundtrack.. Version 1.. I would say it would be a perfect background music during the credit title.. I like this version better then her 2nd version.. I admit she has a beautiful voice.. but somehow her voice makes the song sound sad.. at least for me..

Nicholas Teo's version.. as I said I have no idea who he is.. but thanks to google and wikipedia.. ;P I guess he's pretty famous in Malaysia.. since I don't understand Mandarin like at all, I have no idea what he's saying (or singing). He also used acoustic guitar as accompaniment like the original version, but he also added other music instruments so it gave the song some kinda pop feel.. What I don't understand is..what's with the "sempurna"? Why on earth does he have to mention the word "sempurna"? I know it's the title of the song, but why can't he just translate it to Mandarin or just omit it? It sounds weird..and the fact that he rolled the R when he said "sempurna" made it even weirder..

But hey.. that's what I think.. It's just a matter of taste.. I believe everyone has a different taste in music.. so be nice to me..!!

So.. what do you think???

P.S.: Anyone wants to translate the lyrics to English?

No comments: