12.11.08

Boom....!!!!!!

Phew.. things always don't go as I have planned.. does it happen to everyone? or is it just me?
So.. I really wanted to finish my experiment today..
but what can I do... sumthing happened.. and I can tell you it's not a good one..
here's the thing.. my mixture happened to be really dark brownish.. I dunno why.. my friend's is a bit dark yellowish.. he has the same experiment too..
So.. we have to add sodium disulfite to the mixture.. to deactivate the freaking bromine.. we have to add it until the color of the solution doesn't change anymore..
my freaking solution is already dark brown.. how the heck am I supposed to know it does change or not???????
and here comes the interesting part..
if you add it too much..sulfur dioxide gas might be developed when I give acid to the solution.. which is the next step..
but.. if the sodium disulfite is not enough.. the bromine might react with ether,which I will use for separating the product, and form HIGH EXPLOSIVE peroxides..
Nice.... -_-;
I would say.. I'll go with the first option.. I've spent 20 years of my life in Jakarta anyway.. I believe I've inhaled sodium dioxide before.. from the emission of the vehicles in Jakarta.. hehehe..
well.. let's see what will happen tomorrow.. will I explode my lab??

P.S. : “To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time.” ~ Leonard Bernstein~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well..u didn't, unless you've already been in the news today